9.06.2012

In the Kitchen.....


Ok this hummus is promised to be the best I will ever have. That is a lot to live up to but I am going to give it a go. Hummus is one of my favorite things and I am always looking for a new way to eat it. I have never made it myself before but I think this recipe by By Sara Forte of Sprouted Kitchen {via a cup of jo} will be quite doable. I have an outing with the girls coming up for an upcoming wedding and I might have to bring the snacks.





Lemon and Herb Hummus
Serves 6-8 

You'll need:
3 cups cooked garbanzo beans
1 roasted shallot, see note
3 tbsp. tahini
Zest and juice of one lemon 
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp fresh parsley 
3 tbsp. fresh dill
3 tbsp. basil leaves

Optional garnish:
1/2 an English cucumber, sliced thin
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...