10.20.2011

A Little Cupcake Love

These are the amazing cupcakes I made for my mom's birthday (you know, if I do say so myself). I wanted to make something light, because we were going to dinner first, and angel food sounded perfect.



Angel Food Cupcake with Blueberry Buttercream:

1 box angel food cake mix ( I know shame shame)
1 stick butter or margarine
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1tsp venilla
small bag frozen blueberries

Mix the cake mix as directed and portion out in a muffin pan. Bake for 15-20 min at 350 making sure to watch carefully because they will brown fast. Next cook down the berries on the stove. In the meantime with a hand mixer blend together one stick of butter with about 3/4 cup powdered sugar. I did the, when it looks and tastes right method of measurement, so play this one by ear. Once it was the right consistency I added the vanilla and a Tbs of the blueberries and blended those in.  Once the cupcakes are cool pipe the frosting on and spoon some of the blueberry on top.

It sounds like it would just be over the top rich but the tartness of the blueberry and the lightness of the cake make this work so well. I know I will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...